- Professor at School of English, in Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
- Director, Institute for the Study of Language and Information, KHU
- Dean, College of Humanities, KHU
- Curriculum Vitae
- English/Korean syntax, semantics, computational linguistics.
- Korean Resource Grammar (as part of LinGO project)
- Kim, Jong-Bok. 2016. The Syntactic Structures of Korean: A Construction Grammar Perspective. Cambridge University Press.
- Kim, Jong-Bok. 2009. Understanding English Syntactic and Semantic Structures. (In Korean). Hankwuk Publishing. (Nominated as an Excellent Book of the year 2010 by the National Academy of Sciences, Korea. 대한민국학술원 우수도서
- Kim, Jong-Bok and Peter Sells. 2008. English Syntax: An Introduction. Stanford, CSLI Publications.
- Kim, Jong-Bok. Korean Phrase Structure Grammar. (In Korean). Hankwuk Publisher. (Nominated as an Excellent Book of the year 2005 by the National Academy of Sciences, Korea. 대한민국학술원 우수도서)
- Kim, Jong-Bok. The Grammar of Negation: A Constraint-Based Approach. Stanford: CSLI Publications.
- Kim, Jong-Bok and Mark A. Davies. 2016. The INTO-CAUSATIVE construction in English: a construction-based perspective. English Language and Linguistics. doi:10.1017/S1360674315000271.
- Kim, Jong-Bok. 2015. Copular Constructions and Asymmetries in the Specificational Pseudocleft Constructions in Korean. Language and Linguistics. doi: 10.1177/1606822X15586672.
- Kim, Jong-Bok. 2015. Syntactic and semantic identity in Korean sluicing: A direct interpretation approach. Lingua 66, 260-293.
- Kim, Jong-Bok and Peter Sells. 2015. English binominal NPs: A construction-based perspective. Journal of Linguistics 51(1): 41-73.
- Kim, Jong-Bok. 2014. English copy raising constructions: Argument realization and characterization condition. Linguistics 52(1): 167-203.
- Kim, Jong-Bok. 2013. Floated numeral classifiers in Korean: A non-derivational, functional account. Lingua 133, 189-212.
- Kim, Jong-Bok. 2013. Aspectual Properties of the Korean Imperfective Constructions. Language and Linguistics 14.6, 1035-1074.
- Kim, Jong-Bok and Peter Sells. 2011. The Big Mess Construction: interactions between the lexicon and constructions. English Language and Linguistics 15(2): 335-362.
- Kim, Jong-Bok and Peter Sells. 2010. On the role of the eventuality in case assignment on adjuncts. Language and linguistics 11(3): 625-652.
- Antilla, Arto and Jong-Bok Kim. 2011. On structural case in Finnish and Korean. Lingua.
- Kim, Jong-Bok and Peter Sells. 2008. Korean Honorification: A kind of expressive meaning. Journal of East Asian Linguistics, 16: 303--336.
- Kim, Jong-Bok. 2004. Hybrid Agreement in English. Linguistics 42.6: 1105-1128.
- Kim, Jong-Bok and Chung-Hye Han. 2001. Are There Double Relative Clauses in Korean? Linguistic Inquiry. 35.2: 315--337.
- Kim, Jong-Bok and Ivan A. Sag. Negation Without Head Movement. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory, Volume 20, Number 2, 339-412.