Full Paper Publications
1. A. Jalal, N. Sharif, J. T. Kim, T.-S. Kim*, Human Activity Recognition via Recognized Body Parts of Human Depth Silhouettes for Residents Monitoring Services at Smart Home, Indoor Built Envir., Feb., 2013 (SCIE)
2. Md. Z. Uddin, D.-H. Kim, J. T. Kim, T.-S. Kim*, An Indoor Human Activity Recognition System for Smart Home Using Local Binary Pattern Features with Hidden Markov Models, Indoor Built Envir., Feb., 2013 (SCIE)
3. Md. Zia Uddin, T.-S. Kim, B. C. Song, An Optical Flow Feature-based Robust Facial Expression Recognition With HMM from Video, Int. J. of Innovative Comp., Info. And Control, vol. 9(4), 1-13, 2013 (SCIE)
4. A. Jalal, Md. Z. Uddin, and T.-S. Kim*, Depth Video-based Human Activity Recognition System Using Translation and Scaling Invariant Features for Life Logging at Smart Home, IEEE CE, vol, 58(3), 863-871, 2012 (SCI)
5. A. Jalal, S.Y. Lee, J. T. Kim, and T.-S. Kim*, Human Activity Recognition via the Features of Labeled Depth Body Parts, LNCS, 7251, 246-249, 2012
6. H. S. Suh, W. H. Lee, and T.-S. Kim, Influence of anisotropic conductivity in the skull and white matter on transcranial direct current stimulation via an anatomically realistic finite element head model, Phy. Med. Biol., 57, 6961-6980, 2012 (SCI)
7. A. Jalal, Md. Z. Uddin, J.-T. Kim, T.-S. Kim*, Recognition of Human Home Activities via Depth Silhouettes and R Transformation for Smart Homes, Indoor and Built Environment, 21(1), 194-190, 2012 (SCIE)
8. Md. Z. Uddin and T.-S. Kim*, Human activity recognition based on independent depth silhouette components and optical flow features, Imaging Science Journal, vol. 50(3), 138-150, 2012 (SCI)
9. W.-H. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, Methods for high-resolution anisotropic finite element modeling of the human head: Automatic MR white matter anisotropy-adaptive mesh generation, Med. Engi., & Phys. 34, 85-98, 2012 (SCI)
10. O. I. Khan, F. Farooq, F. Akram, M. T. Choi, S. M. Han, T.-S. Kim*, Robust extraction of P300 using constrained ICA for BCI applications, Med Biol Eng Comput, 50, 231-241, 2012 (SCI)
11. W.-H. Lee, Z.-D. Deng, T.-S. Kim, A. F. Laine, S.H. Lisanby, A. V. Peterchev, Regional electric field induced by electroconvulsive therapy in a realistic finite element head model: Influence of white mater anisotropic conductivity, Neuroimaging, 59, 2110-2123, 2012 (SCI)
12. M.-W. Lee, A. M. Khan, T.-S. Kim*, A Single tri-axial accelerometer-based real-time personal life log system capable of human activity recognition and exercise information generation, Pers. Ubiquit. Computing, 15(8), 887-898, 2011 (SCIE)
13. N.D. Thang, T. Rasheed, Y.-K. Lee, S.Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, Content Based Facial Image Retrieval Using Constrained Independent Component Analysis, Information Sciences, 181, 3162-3174, 2011 (SCI)
14. Md. Zia Uddin, Tae-Seong Kim*, Jeong Tai Kim, Video-based Indoor Human Gait Recognition Using Depth Imaging and Hidden Markov Model: A Smart System for Smart Home, Indoor and Built Environment, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 120-128, Feb., 2011 (SCIE)
15. Md. Z. Uddin, N. D. Thang, J. T Kim, and T.-S. Kim*, Human Activity Recognition Using Body Joint Angle Features and Hidden Markov Model, ETRI Journal, 33(4), 569-579, 2011 (SCI)
16. P. T. H. Truc, T.-S. Kim, S.-Y. Lee, Y.-K. Lee, Homogeneity- and density distance-driven active contours for medical image segmentation, Computers in Biology and Medicine, 41, 292-301, 2011 (SCI)
17. N. D. Thang, T.-S. Kim*, Y.-K. Lee, S.-Y. Lee, Estimation of 3-D Human Body Posture via Co-registration of 3-D Human Body Model and Sequential Stereo Information, Applied Intelligence, 35, 163-177, 2011 (SCI)
18. A.M. Khan, Y.K. Lee, S.Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, Accelerometer’s Position Independent Physical Activity Recognition System for Long-term Activity Monitoring in the Elderly, Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, 48(12), 1271-1279, 2010 (SCI)
19. A.M. Khan, Y.K. Lee, S.Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, A tri-axial accelerometer sensor-based human activity recognition via augmented signal features and a hierarchical recognizer, IEEE Trans. Information Tech. in Biomedicine, 14, 5, pp. 1166-1172, 2010 (SCI)
20. P.T.H. Truc, T.-S. Kim*, S.Y. Lee, Y.-K. Lee, A study on the feasibility of active contours on automatic CT bone segmentation, J. of Dig. Imaging, 23, 6, pp. 793-805, 2010 (SCI)
21. M. Zia Uddin, J.J. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, Independent shape component-based human activity recognition via Hidden Markov Model, Applied Intelligence, 33, pp. 193-206, 2009 (SCI)
22. T. Rasheed, Y.K. Lee, S.Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, Constrained Spatiotemporal Independent Component Analysis and Its Application for fMRI Data Analysis, J. Biomed. Eng. Res., vol., 30, pp. 373-380, 2009 (domestic)
23. M. Zia Uddin, J.J. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, An Enhanced Independent Component-based Human Facial Expression Recognition from Videos, IEEE Trans. Consumer Electronics, vol. 55(4), 2216-2224, 2009 (SCI)
24. T. Rasheed, Y.-K. Lee, S. Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, Attenuation of artifacts in EEG signals measured inside an MRI scanner using constrained independent component analysis, Phy. Meas. 20, 387-404, 2009 (SCI)
25. Y. H. Kim, L. D. Phong, K.S. Kim, T.-S. Kim, Automated 2D-3D Image Matching Technique with dual X-ray Images for Estimation of 3D in vivo knee kinematics, J. Biomed, Eng. Res., vol. 29, pp. 431-435, 2008 (domestic)
26. S.H. Ahn, T. Rasheed, W.H. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, M.H. Cho, and S.Y. Lee, Constrained ICA based extraction and mapping of the brain alpha activity in EEG, J. Biomed. Eng. Research, vol. 29, 405-413-2008 (domestic)
27. Phan T. H. Truc, M.A.U. Khan, Y.-K. Lee, S. Y. Lee, and T.-S. Kim*, Vessel Enhancement Filter using Directional Filter Bank, Computer Vision Image Understanding, vol. 113, pp. 101-112, 2008 (SCI)
28. M. Singh, A. Rajagopalan, T.-S. Kim, D. Hwang, H. Chui, X.-L. Zhang, A.-Y. Lee, C. Zarow, Co-registration of In-Vivo Human MRI Brain Images to Postmortem Histological Microscopic Images, Int. J. of Imaging Systems and Technology, vol. 18, pp. 325-335, 2008 (SCIE)
29. M.D. Zia Uddin, J.J. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, Shape-based Human Activity Recognition Using Independent Component Analysis and Hidden Markov Model, IEA/AIE 2008, LNAI 5027, pp. 245-254, 2008 (SCIE)
30. P.T.H. Truc, T.-S. Kim, Y.H. Kim, Y.K. Lee, and S.Y. Lee, Automatic Bone Segmentation from CT Images Using Chan-Vese Multiphase Active Contour, J. Biomed. Engi. Res. Vol. 26, Number 6, pp. 713-720, 2007 domestic
31. W.H. Lee, H.S. Seo, T.-S. Kim, and S.Y. Lee, Numerical Quality of the Scalp Electrical Potentials from 3-D MRI Content-adaptive Finite Element Models of the Whole Head, Int. J. of Bioelectromagnetism, 9(1), 78-79, 2007
32. W.H. Lee, T.-S. Kim, M. H. Cho, and S. Y. Lee, Numerical Evaluations of the Effect of Feature Maps on Content-adaptive Finite Element Mesh Generation, J. Biomed. Engi. Res., Vol. 28, No. 1, 8-16, 2007 domestic
33. T.-S. Kim, J. J. Lee, S.-J. Hwang, Y.-K. Lee, J.-H. Park, Spatiotemporal Analysis of Hippocampal Long Term Potentiation Using Independent Component Analysis, J. Biomed. Engi. Res., Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 17-23, 2007 domestic
34. B. Ahmed, T. Rasheed, M.A.U. Khan, S.J. Cho, S.Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim, Rib Suppression for Enhancing Frontal Chest Radiograph Using ICA, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), 2007
35. J. W. Yoon, S. J. Godsill, C.H. Kang, T.-S. Kim*, Bayesian Inference for 2D Gel Electrophoresis Image Analysis, Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics (LNBI), 4414, 343-356, 2007
36. J.H. Ye, T.-S. Kim, Y. S. Goo, Spatiotemporal Analysis of Retinal Waveform Using Independent Component Analysis in Normal and rd/rd Mouse, Medical Physics, 18, 1, 20-26, 2007 domestic
37. W. H. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, M. H. Cho, Y. B. Ahn, S. Y. Lee, Methods and evaluations of content-adaptive finite element mesh generation for bioelectromagnetic problems, Phys. Biol. Med., 51, 6173-6186, 2006 (SCI)
38. T. Rasheed, M. H. In, Y. K. Lee, S. Lee, S. Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, Constrained ICA based Ballistocardiogram and Electro-oculogram Artifacts Removal from Visual Evoked Potential EEG Signals Measured Inside MRI, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 4232, pp. 1088-1097, 2006 (SCIE)
39. M. H. In, S. Y. Lee, T. S. Park, T.-S. Kim, M. H. Cho, Y. B. Ahn, Ballistocardiogram artifact removal from EEG signals with adaptive filtering of EOG signals, Physiological Measurement, 27, 1227-1240, 2006 (SCI)
40. W. H. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, M. H. Cho, and S. Y. Lee, MRI Content-adaptive Finite Element Mesh Generation Toolbox, J. Biomed. Eng. Res., vol. 27, no. 3, 110-116, 2006 (domestic)
41. B. I. Lee, S. H. Oh, T.-S. Kim*, E. J. Woo, S. Y. Lee, O. Kwon, and J. K. Seo, Breast MREIT: basic imaging setup and feasibility, Phys. Med. Biol., 51, 443-455, 2006 (SCI)
T.-S. Kim, Co-registration of
Brain Slices to MRI, J. Biomed.
43. B. Lee, S. Lee, T.-S. Kim*, O. Kwon, E. Woo, and J. Seo, Harmonic Decomposition in PDE-based Denoising Technique for MREIT, IEEE Biomed. Engi., vol. 53, no. 11, 1912-1920, 2005
44. S. Oh, B. Lee, E. Woo, S. Lee, T.-S. Kim, O. Kwon, J. Seo, Electrical Conductivity Images of Biological Tissue Phantoms in MREIT, Physiological Measurement, 26, S279-S288, 2005
45. J. Y. Han,
Y. H. Choi, C. H. Im, T.-S. Kim, and S. Y. Lee, EEG Current Source Imaging
Using VEP Data Recorded inside a 3.0T MRI Magnet, J. Biomed.
46. T.-S. Kim, 3-D High Resolution Ultrasonic Transmission Tomography and Soft Tissue Differentiation, J. of Biomed. Res., vol. 26, no. 1, 49-57, 2005, domestic
47. J. Jeong, T.-S. Kim, D. Shin, M. Singh, V.Z. Marmarelis, Soft Tissue Differentiation Using Multi-band Signatures of High Resolution Ultrasonic Transmission Tomography, IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging, vol. 24, no. 3, 399-408, 2005
48. E. J. Woo, S. Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim, S. H. Oh, B. I. Lee, C. J. Park, J. K Seo, S. H. Lee, and O. Kwon, Conductivity and Current Density Imaging of Animal Subject using MREIT Technique, Int. J. Bioelectromag., vol. 7. no. 1, 9-12, 2005
49. R. J. Sadleir, S. C. Grant, T. B. Demarse, E. J. Woo, S. Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim, S. H. Oh, B. I. Lee, and J. K. Seo, Study of MRI/MEA comparability at 17.6 Tesla, Int. J. Bioelectromag., vol. 7, no. 1, 278-281, 2005
50. R. J. Sadleir, S. G. Grant, X. Silver, S. U. Zhang, E. J. Woo, S. Y. Lee, T.-S. Kim, S. H. Oh, B. I. Lee, and J. K. Soe, Magnetic Resonance Electrical Impedance Tomography at 11 Tesla Field Strength: Preliminary Experimental Study, Int. J. Bioelectromag., vol. 7, no. 1, 340-343, 2005
51. T. S. Kim, B. I. Lee, C. J. Park, S. H. Lee, S. H. Tak, J. K. Seo, O. Kwon, and E. J. Woo, A Matlab Toolbox for MREIT: MREIT Toolbox, Int. J. Bioelectromag., vol. 7, no. 1, 352-355, 2005
52. J. Jeong, T.-S. Kim, M. Singh, Independent Component Analysis with Mixture Density Model and its Application to Localize the Brain Alpha Activity in fMRI and EEG, Int. J. Imaging Technology and Systems, 14, 170-180, 2004
53. C. Zarow, T.-S. Kim, M. Singh, H. Chui, Standarized Method for Brain Cutting Suitable for Both Stereology and MRI-Brain Co-registration, J. of Neurosicence Methods, vol. 139, 2, 209-215, 2004.
54. J. Jeong, T.-S. Kim, D. Shin, S. Do, V.Z. Marmarelis, Multi-band Tissue Classification for Ultrasonic Transmission Tomography Using Spectral Profile Detection, SPIE Int. Symposium Medical Imaging, Feb., 2004
Z. Marmarelis, T.-S. Kim, and R. E. N, Shehada, High-resolution ultrasound
transmission tomography, Proc. SPIE Medical Imaging,
Kim, S. Do and V. Z. Marmarelis, Multiband tissue
differentiation in ultrasound transmission tomography, Proc. SPIE Medical
57. T.-S. Kim, R. E. N, Shehada, and V. Z. Marmarelis, Nonlinear modeling of ultrasound transmit-receive system using Laguerre-Volterra networks, Proc. SPIE Medical Imaging, San Diego, Feb., 2003.
58. S. Kim, T.-S. Kim, Y. Zhou, M. Singh, Influence of Conductivity Tensors in the Finite Element Model of the Head on the Forward Solution of EEG, IEEE TNS Nuclear Medical and Imaging Sciences., vol. 50, no. 1, 133-139, 2003.
59. M. Singh, S. Kim, and T.-S. Kim, Correlation Between BOLD-fMRI and EEG Signal Changes in Response to Visual Stimulus Frequency in Humans, Mag. Res. Med., 49, 108-114, 2003.
60. T.-S. Kim, Y. Zhou, S. Kim, and M. Singh, EEG Distributed Source Imaging with a Realistic Finite-Element Head Model, IEEE TNS Nuclear Medical and Imaging Sciences., vol. 49, Issue 3, Part 1, 745-752, 2002.
61. T.-S. Kim, M. Singh, W. Sungkarat, C. Zarow, and H. Chui, Automatic Registration of Postmortem Brain Slices to MRI Reference Volume, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., 47(4), 1607-1613, 2000.
62. T.-S. Kim, Functional Brain Imaging, The KSEA Letters, 28(3), 11-16, 2000.
63. T. Kim, L. Al-Dayeh and M. Singh, fMRI Artifacts Reduction using Bayesian Image Processing, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., 46 (6),2134-2140, 1999.
64. L. Al-Dayeh, T. Kim, and M. Singh, Multi-Frequency Reference Function to Reduce Noise in fMRI, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. , 1999.
65. M. Singh, L. Al-Dayeh, T. Kim, P. Patel, and P. Colletti, Cross-Correlation Technique to Identify Activated Pixels in Three-Condition fMRI Task, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., 1999.
66. M. Singh, L. Al-Dayeh, P. Patel and T. Kim, Correction of Head Movements in Multi-Slice EPI and Single-Slice Gradient-Echo Functional MRI, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci, 45(4), 2162-2167, 1998.
67. M. Singh, P. Patel, D. Khosla and T. Kim, Segmentation of Functional MRI by K-Means Clustering, IEEE Trans.Nucl.Sci., 43:2030-2036, 1996.
68. M. Singh, T. Kim, H. Kim and D. Khosla, Separation of Veins from Activated Brain Tissue in Functional Magnetic Resonance Images at1.5T, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., 4:1338-1342, 1995.
69. T. Kim, D. Khosla, P. Patel, and M. Singh, fMRI Segmentation at 1.5T by Clustering, SPIE Medical Imaging, 2433, 260-267, 1995.
70. M. Singh., H. Kim, T. Kim and D. Khosla. Functional MRI at1.5 T. IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., 41:1649-1655, 1994.
71. M. Singh., D. Khosla, H. Kim and T. Kim, Effect of Phase Encoding Steps on 1D Chemical Shift Imaging of Lactate During Brain Activation, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., 41, 1656-1659, 1994.
* Corresponding Author
Updated Jan., 2013